We hate to be the bearer of bad news (especially around the holiday season), but unless you’ve recently had your gutters cleaned out, there’s a strong possibility you have some unwanted critters living in them. But the good news is, you can keep them as pets! Just kidding, please don’t do that.
Here at The Gutter People, we want what’s best for you and your gutters. We provide gutter cleaning services as well as gutter repairs in Penn Valley, PA, and the surrounding areas, to keep you, your family, and your home happy and healthy. If you haven’t had your gutters cleaned out or checked recently, please consider letting us take a look. Because, we bet that you’d rather not have any pests living in your gutters this winter. In fact, here are four of them that could be hiding there right now:
- Mosquitoes – Since they’re no longer biting, you might think that mosquitoes have died off and disappeared for the winter. There are certainly fewer mosquitoes around when it’s not hot and humid, but there still could be some lurking about, waiting for a chance to spread disease.
- Rodents – Fortunately, if any rodents are living in your gutters, then you’ll probably know it. You’ll most likely be able to hear them scrambling about up there, looking to get inside your home before the winter truly begins.
- Bees, wasps, and hornets – Since these kinds of pests love being around water, gutters that are filled with debris and leaves will eventually become a breeding ground for bees, wasps, and hornets. Many times, they’ll build a nest and become aggressive if someone tries to destroy it.
- Birds – Sure, birds are nice to have around, but do you really want them hanging out in your gutters? We didn’t think so. When birds build nests in your gutter system, it may lead to other (worse) creatures taking up residence of their own.
Now that you know what may or may not be living in your gutters as you’re reading this, it’s time to take action. Have your gutters in Media, PA, and other local areas, checked and cleaned before winter starts knocking. To learn more about our expert gutter cleaning services, contact us at 610-643-4503.
As the fall season comes to an end, winter will be here before you can say, “Oh no, snow!” And while some people may be dreaming of a white Christmas, others are dreading the snowy and icy weather. Luckily, there are a few steps you can take to ensure your home and your gutters are ready for any nasty weather during the upcoming winter and even up until next spring.
At The Gutter People, we’re experts when it comes to gutters, and we’d like to help you protect your home by offering you gutter cleaning services in Wynnewood, PA, and other local areas. Along with cleaning, we also offer gutter repair and replacement, and we’d like to help you prepare for winter. Here is how to get your gutters ready for winter:
- Clean out your gutters – This is the first task to complete when it comes to getting your gutters ready for winter. You can either do this yourself or hire a professional company to do it for you. At The Gutter People, that’s what we’re here for – to clear your gutters of leaves and debris that may take part in causing later damage to your home.
- Check for rust and leaks – Another crucial task that we can take care of: Checking for rust and leaks throughout your gutter system. If there are any leaks or rusty areas, be sure to take care of them right away to prevent any further damage, which could end up costing you more in the long run. We offer gutter repairs in Gladwyne, PA, and other local areas, in case you need it.
- Install gutter guards – There is another step you can take to increase the protection of your gutters and ultimately your home. Gutter guards are used to keep leaves, twigs and other debris out of your gutters, and help them work the way they’re meant to.
We hope this helps you prepare for the long winter ahead. Taking these steps will save you money in the long run by preventing serious damage to your home. To learn more about preparing your gutters for the winter, contact us at 610-643-4503.
We know Halloween is coming up, but you don’t want your house actually to look abandoned and haunted, do you? Although gutters typically last for years and years (up to two decades) and provide you with a clean and safe home, they’re eventually going to need to be replaced, whether you’ve been taking care of them or not.
Now we’re all for spooky Halloween decorations in October, but we don’t want you to sacrifice your gutters to increase your home’s scare factor. It could end up causing significant damage to your home. At The Gutter People, we provide gutter cleaning in Paoli, PA, as well as other local areas, and we’ll also replace your gutters if needed. Here are five signs that your gutters need to be replaced:
- They’re sagging or pulling away from the roof – This is a big sign that you should replace your gutters. They’re practically screaming, “replace me!” If they’re sagging or pulling away, it could lead to water pooling in certain areas and possibly spilling over. Prevent this by having them replaced.
- There are rusty spots, cracks, or holes – Obviously, if you see any of these problems, you’ll want to get them repaired right away. If you see multiple cracks, holes or particularly rusty spots, then you might need to get them replaced altogether.
- Several fasteners are broken – The fasteners are the pieces of metal on your gutter that hold it together. If one or more of them are broken, it can cause your gutter to break apart which could lead to water damage on the rest of your home.
- Your basement or property is flooded – Needless to say, if your gutter is damaged and it’s leading to flooding in your basement of other parts of your property, it’s time to get your gutter replaced.
- Paint is peeling – If you find paint peeling either on your gutter or the side of your home, this usually indicates that your gutters aren’t doing their job. We recommend looking into having them replaced before more damage is done.
Sigh…another day, another debris buildup in the gutter. If you find yourself frequently saying this about your gutter, it may be time for a gutter guard. Although they’re an overlooked feature of the home, they’re actually essential for preventing property damage caused by excessive rain and water.
At The Gutter People, we provide gutter guards in Wayne, PA, as well as other local areas, to give you a more protected gutter system, and ultimately give your home the protection it deserves. We find that the benefits of gutter guards outweigh the costs of installation by a longshot. They may even save you thousands of dollars that you would be spending on home repairs. Here are three benefits of a gutter guard:
1. No more clogged gutters – When you install a gutter guard, your gutter will no longer become clogged with leaves, sticks, and even the occasional tennis ball or kids toys. You won’t ever have to worry again about the clogged gutter leading to water damage or attracting insects like mosquitoes and even certain types of animals. They’re made of a sturdy gauge aluminum and are installed over the trough to keep unwanted things out. We recommend www.theshurflo.com guards but can also install other gutter guards.
2. Maintenance made easier – We have some of the best gutter guards in Villanova, PA, and the surrounding areas. Opting to have our team install a gutter guard for you is one of the best decisions you can make for the well-being of your home. It makes regular maintenance much easier for you.
3. Prevents broken and rusty gutters – As you may have learned, clogged gutters lead to water getting stuck, and water getting stuck leads to a number of problems including critters of all kinds and damage to parts of your house. But another problem it could lead to is damaging the gutter itself. Water taking up residency in your gutter for a while can cause it to become rusty and even broken. Our rain gutter guards in Villanova help prevent that.
These are three of the benefits you can get from a gutter guard. Installing them keeps the flow of water running smoothly and makes it much easier to keep them clean. To learn more about our gutter guards, contact us at 610-643-4503.
Gutters are one of the most underrated features of a home. Sure, they may not be the most exciting addition, but they are one of the most practical. Think about it, without your rain gutter, you might be stuck in a damaged home that succumbed to the power of rainwater and the elements, causing you to pay thousands of dollars for repairs. At The Gutter People, we’re grateful for gutters and all that they do for us. They sacrifice themselves for the greater good: that is, the rest of your home.
What can happen when a gutter isn’t cleaned regularly?
If a gutter isn’t properly maintained and cleaned out regularly, you could have a problem on your hands. If debris and leaves accumulate in the gutter, it can lead to a clog. A clog can result in water trapped inside of the gutter, which could eventually cause it to rust or even break off. A broken or clogged rain gutter leads to stagnant water, which may attract insects and animals. It can also damage the exterior, basement and even interior of your property.
What should you do about it?
Before your property gets damaged, and before your walls or ceiling leak and you have to dig deep into your wallet to pay for the damages, consider getting your gutter cleaned out every once in a while by a professional service. At The Gutter People, we offer gutter repair and cleaning services to take care of this overlooked piece of your home. We clean gutters that have become clogged with debris and other gunk that makes its way into your gutter. Residential and commercial properties can greatly benefit from our services.
We offer gutter cleaning service programs that are designed to clean and repair your gutters regularly while saving you time and money in the process. Our dedicated service professionals keep your gutters clean and free flowing to protect your property from water damage when it rains.
Now that you know how important the maintenance of gutters is for the health of the rest of your home, consider using a professional service to keep it clean. To learn more about our gutter cleaning services, contact us at 610-359-6358 .
Seamless Gutters protect your landscaping and preserve your home’s foundation. These guttering systems collect rainwater from your roof and disperse the water from the home by way of downspouts. These guttering systems also make sure that your gutters remain free from debris, insects, or bird nest. Comprehensive guttering systems can save you thousands of dollars in repairs to the foundation.
Properly Installed Gutters
Most homes with gutters do not have a comprehensive and correctly installed system. Properly installed gutters will have the aforementioned seamless gutters along each slope roof edge.
Properly installed systems should not maintain standing water nor should they leak. They should be securely fastened and have downspouts which seamlessly move water away from the exterior of the home. It is important that the downspouts do not terminate close to the foundation of the home.
Our team of professional installation can avoid this common mistake and avoid dumping all of the rain water right at the side of the foundation. When you work with our team of professionals we will implement a 3-foot divergence from the foundation of your home. Flexible piping or sections of downspouts can be affixed to the end of the elbow to make sure that you have proper water control.
When you opt to use gutter installation services for your home, you might consider investing in gutter guards. Our team of professionals can install the gutter guards during first-time installation or during routine gutter repair services. These guards are made of aluminum, mesh, wire, or vinyl and are installed over the trough in order to prevent larger debris and leaves from clogging up the gutters. While initially a significant investment, high quality guards outweigh the initial investment in terms of long term rewards.
If you opt to rely on our team of professionals to install a gutter guard it will make regular maintenance significantly easier for you. When you call upon our services to clean your gutters twice a year the cleanings will be much easier to accomplish. This investment can also help to prevent rusting, something which prematurely damages your gutters. In the wintertime gutter guards can prevent freezing and tangentially blockage. Gutter guards are also excellent in terms of fire protection for people living in areas prone to higher temperatures and fires. There will be no material available in the gutter to catch fire from any floating embers.
When you work with our team of professionals we can help you to more effectively prevent build-up in your gutters. While it is not possible to prevent any buildup or alleviate the need for any future maintenance, there are mesh or sheer metal helmet which can prevent larger buildup of leaves. It is important that you deliberate with one of our professionals before you sign up for the products so as to ensure the products properly fit your roof structure. We will work with you to answer any questions you have and to make sure that you invest in the best possible product for your situation.